Notes 8/15/2017 Start: 6:50 PM
In attendance: Whitney, Rebecca, Luke, Mike, John (phone).
Minutes approved from last month
Mad River Park
- Closing dates moved from 8/18 to 9/5. Reason: wait until stormwater permit and ACT 250 appeal processes close.
- All hands meeting 9/5 (6-8 pm) in Fayston: Stakeholders, Pavilion folks, Eric Sigsbey from Sugarhouse Sound scheduled in attendance. Purpose is to discuss management, leases and future projects w MRP. Meeting will mark official transfer of all things MRP to MRP field Committee.
- Moretown agreement – Michelle Beard will be step down after purchase and new Moretown Rep will join. Field sub-committee level will decide any decisions concerning the field. If controversial, goes to board and 2 members from Moretown.
- Signage- Design of rules sign in process. Parking sign completed.
- Field upgrades- need cost estimate for 3 years. Seeding, Aerating and adding compost.
- Lease upkeep of the fields on users, port-a-potty, rule enforcement, gravel lot and trash. MRVRD will pay for mowing, insurance and storm water fee.
- Pick-up gentleman’s agreement drafted. Includes request to work field days.
- Festivals and Events agreement to be created by field committee
- Pavilion meeting to determine costs, final design, size, orientation.
- Path around field. Mad Dash donating proceeds to path around the fields. MRP Committee agreed to path as long as it does not impede field space and there is room.
By-laws – Reviewed final document. Created from MOU, references Policies and Procedure. District members in attendance signed document.
Attorney said that we need a vice chair to mirror our MOU, and it can’t be treasurer or secretary b/c in the mou they are allowed to be same person. Mike Nucci was nominated by Rebecca and 2nd by Luke, all agreed and Mike didn’t fight too hard. Luke motioned to approve, Mike 2nd. All agreed. Need signatures from Doug and Jeff
Policy and Procedures (internal operating document). This document may change and need to be updated as things with the district change. Those in attendance initial current copy.
MRP Party When: September 9, 2017. 9-3 youth soccer 3-7 ultimate game/adult soccer. Vendors in afternoon.
- Cornerstone for Beer Garden. Sweet Spot for ice cream. Home Plate for sandwiches. Bill Wilcox and Noah’s Fizzy pending.
- Bands: working with Eric Sigsbey Sabouyouma and Big Ragged Shack $750.
- Parking Cabot and Waitsfield Telecom will allow us to use lot. Will rent bus to bus from Telecom.
- One additional port-a-potty
- Traffic vest and garbage cans loaned out.
Strategic Plan Outcome Discussion about what is working with the development of plan and expectations.
Trail Summit Meeting – Trail Summit created on September 6 from 4-6 pm. Objective: Provide contacts and communication between community groups engaged in trail-based recreation in the MRV, identify shared priorities and develop actionable steps for further collaboration.
Meeting came to a close at 8:50 pm